OUR The iced coffee season never ends. There are various legends about the origin of iced coffee. One of them begins in Algiers in 1840 with the introduction of Mazagran, commonly known as “the first iced coffee”. French soldiers stationed in North Africa made a simple drink of coffee syrup, cold water and ice. According to another story, the credit goes to the 17th century Viennese who invented the bags of coffee beans left behind by the Turkish conquerors. Some argue that the Greeks earned the fame of iced coffee for inventing frappe in the 1950s.
Iced coffee is made by pouring freshly brewed strong or double coffee over ice. Since the ice is only used to chill the coffee in place, it does not affect the flavor or acidity of the coffee. Once the temperature of the coffee has dropped significantly, more ice can be added. One way to avoid diluting your drink is to use coffee ice cubes. When you need a dose of caffeine but crave something sweet, iced coffee is perfect. Making iced coffee at home is easy. All you need is a few basic ingredients. You can use both instant coffee and ground coffee. Not to mention, making your own will save you money.
Here are five unique iced coffee recipes to try at home if you want to experiment with flavors as well as find out which coffee is best for you.
Caramel Macchiato Iced Coffee
Popular in coffee shops around the world, this delicious creamy coffee treat is easy to make at home for a quarter of the price. You can make your own drink with just 5 ingredients for your daily dose of caramel macchiato bliss.
1) Two shots of espresso
2) 3 tablespoons of vanilla syrup
3) 1 tablespoon caramel sauce
4) 1 glass of milk
5) Ice cubes
1) Pour vanilla syrup into a glass, then milk, then ice
2) Add a shot of espresso to the glass.
3) Top with caramel sauce.
4) Serve immediately!
Standard brewed iced coffee
Making iced coffee is a simple process. His recipe calls for just five ingredients and is a great thirst quencher on a hot day. To finish the drink, you will need a simple syrup.
1) 1/2 cup brewed coffee
2) 3/4 cold water
3) 1 tbsp sugar
4) Ice cubes
1) Stir coffee, sugar and boiling water in a glass / jar.
2) Add cold water, ice cubes and mix or shake well.
Almost everyone likes the traditional Greek coffee drink, which is frothy, cold and high in caffeine. Frappe coffee is an iced coffee drink with foam made from instant coffee, sugar, ice cubes and water. People sometimes add milk to their drinks. Because Greek frappe can be made with instant coffee, it’s fairly easy to make at home.
1) 3 tablespoons of instant coffee
2) 2 tablespoons of sugar
3) 1 tablespoon cold water
4) 1 glass of cold milk
6) 1 scoop of any ice cream of your choice (optional)
1) In a tall glass, mix instant coffee, sugar and water.
2) A manual milk frother is the best way to make a Greek frappe.
3) Beat for at least 10-15 seconds or until the foam reaches the rim of the glass.
4) Fill the cup halfway with ice.
5) Pour in the milk.
6) Add a scoop of ice cream to make it richer.
7) Stir before serving!
Thai iced coffee
Look no further if you’re looking to shake up your morning routine or just want to sip on some fabulously sweet coffee you’ve made. This mildly spiced coffee, especially with the addition of cardamom, is a welcome change from the flavors usually added to coffee.
1) 1 cup of strong brewed coffee
2) 2-4 tablespoons of sugar
3) 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
4) whole milk
5) 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1) Add sugar and vanilla extract to boiling coffee.
2) Pour coffee into two portions of the ice cube tray and freeze the tray.
3) Store leftover coffee in the refrigerator.
4) After the coffee has cooled, put the ice cubes in a large glass and pour over the coffee.
5) For a layered look, place a spoon on top of the coffee and pour the milk directly into the spoon until it reaches the desired level.
Iced coffee with salted caramel
Some of us prefer black and plain coffee. Others, on the other hand, enjoy coffee with toppings such as whipped cream and caramel. If you enjoy fancy coffee from time to time, the perfect salted caramel iced coffee would be perfect and you can make it from the comfort of your own home.
1) 3/4 cup strong brewed coffee
2) 2 tablespoons caramel sauce
3) 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
4) 1/3 cup milk
5) 1/2 cup sugar
6) 1/2 cup water
7) Ice Cubes
9) Shaker or sealed container
10) Milk Frother
1) To make a simple syrup, combine water and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat and beat until the sugar dissolves.
2) Fill a French press halfway with simple syrup and milk and plunge until frothy.
3) In a shaker, mix coffee, caramel sauce and sea salt; shake for 30 seconds.
4) Fill the glass with ice, add coffee and beat with foam on top.
5) Serve immediately.