Body found: Carmen White is charged with capital murder after her sister Cynthia Cervantes was found shot to death, records say.

HOUSTON, TX (KTRK) — A woman accused of killing her sister who was found shot to death April 1 in north Houston is still on the run, police say.

According to the documents, Carmen White was charged with capital murder.

She was arrested back in February. 8 on charges of making a terrorist threat to a family member and possession of a controlled substance. White has a warrant for her arrest for failing to appear in court in connection with these allegations.

On April 1, around 11:30 a.m., Houston Police Department patrols responded to industrial metalworks in the 3500 block of Cherry Street in connection with a charred body found by a witness who notified a railroad employee.

The autopsy results identified the body as Cynthia Cervantes, White’s sister.

A family friend told authorities that he noticed White’s strange and odd behavior after her sister’s death.

WATCH: Woman charged after her sister was found burned alive, records show

He said he noticed that White became paranoid and very nervous on April 8 after she insisted on trading in her car bought on March 5. She claimed that the air conditioner was broken.

White’s gray Chevrolet HHR was seen on camera footage of a Texas warehouse and warehousing facility on April 1, investigators said.

A family friend was shown pictures of the car and was able to identify it as White’s, pointing to marks on the car and a yellow dent on the driver’s side and rear paper tags.

Records indicate that a significant amount of blood was found in “the rear cargo area and on an envelope found under the driver’s front seat.” Police are still awaiting DNA results from the blood taken from White’s car.

The friend also told authorities that White had a motive for killing her sister. He said that White was furious that Cervantes called the police on her and wanted revenge on her sister.

White asked her ex-boyfriend and his girlfriend to help move her sister’s body into her trunk, but he refused, the documents say.

It was then, according to the records, that White asked her 13-year-old son to help.

The boy said he “stooped down and picked up what looked like human feet, so he dropped his feet on the ground.”

He said his mother became extremely aggressive and he was “afraid of what she might do to him, so he gave up out of fear for his safety.”

For the latest news, follow Charlie Edsitti at facebook, Twitter as well as Instagram.

Copyright © 2022 KTRK-TV. All rights reserved.