“We have four (dead) victims confirmed so far – two women, an adult male and a minor – plus about 30 people seriously injured. Of course, we have involved all the hospitals and ambulances that we can work with,” Governor Tolima. . This was stated by Ricardo Orozco on the air of the local radio BluRadio Colombia.
“We deeply regret what happened in our bullfighting arena,” Tamayo said in a statement. “I want to ask all citizens who are in the area to evacuate, the authorities are already responding to the emergency, the victims have been taken to hospitals. Please, let’s evacuate, together we will help the emergency services so that they can work. ”
Local hospitals have received 322 patients affected by the collapse of the stadium, Tolima Health Minister Marta Palacios said Sunday evening.
It featured photographs showing people on stretchers in corridors and courtyards.
The video shows the booth appearing to be filled with people as it falls. Others on the ground run as the structure topples towards them.
The official cause of the collapse has not been released, but Tamayo said in a statement that authorities have “already launched an investigation into what happened.”