July 21, 2005 London bombings. Brief facts.

The bombs were homemade and believed to have contained a white peroxide explosive, the description of which is the highly volatile triacetone triperoxide, or TATP.

July 21, 2005 – There were four terrorist attacks in London, three on subway trains and one on a bus. Small explosions occurred at Warren Street, The Oval, and Shepherd’s Bush stations. Scotland Yard also responded to the “incident” on a bus on Hackney and Columbia Roads in East London. There are no victims.

July 23, 2005 – Police have found a fifth unexploded device in a park in west London.

July 27, 2005 – Yassin Hassan Omar, a 24-year-old Somali citizen living in the UK, was arrested in Birmingham.

July 29, 2005 – Police are detaining two suspects, Muktar Saeed Ibrahim and Ramzi Mohammed, at the Dalgarno Gardens apartments in North Kensington, London. A suspected fourth terrorist, an Ethiopian named Hamdi Isaac, also known as Hussein Osman, has been detained in Italy after Scotland Yard and Italian authorities track his mobile phone as he travels from London to Rome.

August 7, 2005 – British police say five men are currently charged: Ibrahim, 27, attempted murder and conspiracy to kill; Ramzi Mohammed, 23, attempted murder and conspiracy to murder; Manfo Kwaku Asiedu, 32, conspiracy to kill; Siraj Yasin Abdullah Ali, 30, and Wahbi Mohammed, 22, are charged with aiding and evading arrest.

April 28, 2006 – Ibrahim, Ramzi Mohammed, Omar, Asiedu and Osman appear via video link at the Central Criminal Court, all pleading not guilty to charges of murder, conspiracy, possession of explosives and conspiracy to carry out explosions that could endanger life and property. The indictment of the sixth suspect, Adel Yahye, has been deferred until June. He is accused of conspiracy to organize bombings.

July 9, 2007 – The jury finds four defendants guilty of conspiracy to commit murder: Ibrahim, Omar, Ramzi Mohammed and Osman.

July 10, 2007 – The jury is unable to reach a verdict on the two remaining defendants, Aciedu and Yahya.

November 5, 2007 – Yahya receives six years in prison after pleading guilty to collecting information that could be used in a terrorist attack.

November 20, 2007 – Asiedu was sentenced to 33 years in prison after he pleaded guilty to conspiracy to organize bombings.

February 2008 – After four months of testing five men convicted of helping would-be terrorists and sentenced: Wahbi Mohammed (17 years old), Siraj Yasin Abdullah Ali (12 years old), Ismail Abdurahman (10 years old), Abdul Waksid Sherif (10 years old) and Muhedin Ali (seven years old).

2011- Abdurahman and Siraj Yassin Abdullah on Friday early.

April 30, 2012 – Internal al-Qaeda documents emerge detailing that British national and al-Qaeda operative Rashid Raouf planned the 2005 London bombings by groups led by Mohammed Siddiq Khan on 7 July and Ibrahim on 21 July.

December 16, 2014 – Abdurahman, Ibrahim, Omar and Ramzi Mohammed lost their appeal to the European Court of Human Rights. They claim that their access to a lawyer was delayed while they were being questioned by the police.

June 1, 2015 – Grand Chamber The European Court of Human Rights agrees to consider the case of Abdurahman, Ibrahim, Omar and Ramzi Mohammed on the delay in access to a lawyer.
September 13, 2016 – Rules of the Grand Chamber there was no violation of the rights of Ibrahim, Ramzi Mohammed and Omar, but there was a violation of access to Abdurahman’s lawyer.