Firefighters used “deliberate fire” to help create a control line to contain the Washburn Fire burning in Yosemite National Park on Monday, July 11. A video released by Yosemite Fire and Aviation shows a firefighter conducting “offensive fire” near the park’s south entrance on Monday. , the organization said in a statement. The Washburn fire engulfed 2,340 acres and was zero percent contained as of Monday afternoon, Yosemite Fire and Aviation said. More than 500 firefighters worked to put out the fire. Firefighters are prioritizing protecting Mariposa Grove, home to giant sequoias, according to fire officials. Credit: Yosemite Fire and Aviation via Storyful
- Jai Alai defies extinction in Miami by offering new twists on a classic sport: “Like racquetball on steroids.”
- Sporty Gaming-Ready Headphones: Yamaha TW-E7B Headphones
- Kenya votes in high-stakes election race
- Unai Emery is back for more
- How helping female athletes in Afghanistan made Ali Baba a target for the Taliban
No comments to show.