New Zealand woman loses weight after quitting keto diet

A woman who has struggled to lose weight shares how she managed to lose weight permanently after going off the keto diet.

The woman shared how she managed to permanently lose 20 kg, and this is not due to the rejection of carbohydrates.

Brittany McChrystal said the combination of “partying too much” and moving to a full-time office job located near a food court caused her to slowly gain weight.

The 26-year-old said she didn’t realize how much her body had changed until she jumped on the scale at a friend’s house and was shocked to see the number staring at her.

“I didn’t even notice the weight gain,” said the Hamilton woman.

“I started to hang out quite a lot, so I drank a lot and ate a lot of fast food. I just didn’t take care of my body.

“Then I started working as a travel agent in an office, so I was very sedentary all day.

“It was also located in the mall, close to the food court, so I often took food and snacks from fast food places.

“It took about a year to put on the weight and people made passing comments.

I was sad about the way I looked, I didn’t like wearing anything short or sleeveless.

“One day I stepped on the scale and reached my maximum weight of 82 kg. At that moment, I realized that I needed to change my life.”

Brittany said she was overwhelmed by all kinds of weight loss methods and didn’t know which way to turn.

After hearing that carbohydrates interfere with weight loss, she abandoned them and switched to a keto diet high in proteins and fats for 7 months.

While she did shed her initial 10kg, Brittany said she felt “absolutely terrible” — and once she stopped keto, she put all the weight back on.

“There is so much information out there, but what do we need to do to lose weight,” she said.

“It is very easy to get confused in all these different messages.

“I started keto because I heard that carbohydrates are bad and that you can lose weight.

“I dropped 10 kg, but as soon as I stopped, I gained it again. I also felt so terrible that I even went to my doctor.

“I just didn’t eat enough, it was too restrictive and ended up hurting my weight loss journey.”

Brittany has since shed 20kg since going off keto and now weighs 59kg, adding balance was the key to her weight loss.

Now she enjoys all the foods she loves in moderation and has learned to make her favorite foods a little healthier.

She also works out 4-5 times a week and shares her incredible progress on her tik tak and Instagram pages.

“I like living by the 80/20 rule. 80% of the time I live a healthy and balanced lifestyle, and the other 20% enjoy what I love, like fast food and wine.

“When I was at my worst, I loved fatty Chinese food and any Asian food like noodles and pulled pork.

“I still love these foods, but now I can make them healthier and include them in my regular diet.

“This is the key to long-term weight loss, you need to enjoy it and keep it in line with your lifestyle.

“Psychologically, I became much clearer and much more positive.

“Keeping a journal has helped me a lot, and every day I write down things for which I am grateful.”

Brittany’s weight loss also changed the trajectory of her career.

She used to work as a travel agent but switched to the fitness industry and now has legions of followers. tik tak as well as Instagram who she inspires with her content.

She also created her own BrittFit fitness app, which boasts hundreds of healthy recipes and workout programs.

“People see my transformation on TikTok and a lot of people say I look like a different person.

“I like to inspire and help others, now it’s my passion.

“I think what I would say to anyone who wants to lose weight is to just start. This is the hardest part.

“The best investment you can make is in yourself and your health.”

Originally published as “I quit keto and lost 20 kg”: Kiwi’s amazing transformation