A No Shooting Zone activist was shot dead in East Baltimore on Wednesday.

BALTIMORE — Fresh figures from the city’s Open Baltimore website show that there were 179 homicides in the first six months of this year, making the city one of the deadliest years in Baltimore’s history.

The Baltimore Banner described the first six months of 2022 as the deadliest in Baltimore’s history, and the shooting just doesn’t stop.

The Baltimore Police Department says there were 10 shootings and five deaths over the weekend alone, with 17 confirmed robberies.

This morning, the police responded to another shooting in southeast Baltimore.

The shooting took place on Rose Street, but police found the 46-year-old firearm victim around the corner on North Lutherne Street.

The victim of a firearm is Tyree MooreheadFormer gang member who spent many years on a mission to end gun violence in Baltimore.

He first went to a local hospital to receive treatment for his injuries.

But in the late afternoon, Moorehead could be seen standing outside his house in a hospital uniform, surrounded by police. He tore off at least one of his bandages, revealing a gunshot wound to his neck.

Neighbors described Moorhead as hostile, sharing video footage of him brandishing and sharpening an ax on the sidewalk.

Over the years, Moorehead has been spreading his message around the city by spray-painting “No Shooting Zone” on abandoned buildings, sidewalks and other sites.

Some of his messages about the shooting ban are incredibly detailed. Others are common.

More than 200 of his anti-violence messages were scrawled all over Baltimore.

They all mark the spot where someone was shot, in the hope that the message might prevent further violence.

“See, I’m going straight to the shooters. That’s who I have an understanding with. My rapport is with shooters,” Moorehead told WJZ back in 2019. ‘I can look them in the eye and say, ‘Hamster, I shot too.’ But what I didn’t have then was me.”

Moorehead estimates that he shot about 20 people when he was between 13 and 15 years old.

At 15, he said he had a shootout with the police. He served 11 years after he confessed to attempted murder.

Back in May, over 60 bullets flew down Rose Streetkilling one person and injuring three. Moorhead was nearby when it happened.

“I actually heard every shot and when I got here it was still smoking,” he said.

A few months later, Moorehead was shot dead on the same street.

Back in 2019, Moorehead was stabbed but survived by continuing to spray additional “No Shooting Zone” messages throughout Baltimore City.

A No Shooting Zone activist was shot dead in East Baltimore on Wednesday.